BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

6.30.2008

Aloha Cafe - Bend Oregon

Aloha Cafe

Aloha Cafe is the second Hawaiian Grill in Bend. Located on the east side near Kayo's Roadhouse and next to Celina's Latin Bistro, the Aloha Cafe offers the east siders an alternative to Kona Mix Plate.

There are some similar items on the menu and the side dishes are the same on paper. For $12 the wife and I split the sampler which contained all the meat options and all four side dishes.


For $12, I don't think there is a better deal in Bend. We tasted the ribs, terriaki chicken, BBQ chicken, Kalua pork, basically every meat item they have to offer. All of the meats were very good. We GRUBBED!! Everything was juicy and tender, well seasoned and the sauces were great with their sweet and savoriness. Very Hawaiian and very good.

For side dishes there were the yakisoba noodles, white rice, pineapple slaw, and potato mac. The best side dish was the white rice. I mean the slaw was ok but the only thing that made it different from the regular old mayo tossed slaw were the very few pieces of pineapple. The pineapple did not make the slaw any better, in fact made it worse. The potato mac didn't hold a candle to Kona's salad. So the meats were great but the sides were a disappointment.

That little promenade over there has quite a few tasty dining options. For the money, Aloha Cafe is a good addition and great change from taco bell and burger king both within a stones throw away. For our $12 we had too much food for both of us to finish and ended up taking a doggy bag home. The side dishes aside, it was still well worth it just for the meat.

Aloha Cafe
NE Bellevue Ave
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 382-5662‎

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you think is the most negative review you've written? It seems EVERYTHING you write is positive, which would seem to detract from your credibility as a discerning reviewer of food and restaurants. Or do you only write reviews of restaurants you like?

I hope these questions don't sound too facetious because I'm honestly curious.

I ate recently at Aloha Cafe, and I found the food to be bland and salty, which got me thinking about the above questions.

Thanks.

July 01, 2008  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

How many of my reviews have you read? I consider myself to be the only honest food critique in Bend. Well, the other restaurant reviewers might be honest but their editors restrict what they can say about their advertisers. I call it like I see it and always have.

My reviews are of the dish that I was served. I can't say how your food tasted to you. When I went to Aloha Cafe, the meat was good. The side dishes were not.

To answer your questions, I write reviews of a lot of places that I don't like (Sonic, Decoy, Bella Cucina, Staccato) and I don't know for sure what my most negative review is.

-BOR

July 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you had to choose between the Aloha Cafe and the Kona Mix Plate, which one would you take your wife to? It seems like both are "Hawaiian". Just wondering which one is more authentic. Mahalo, from a true Hawaiian

July 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home