BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

8.08.2006

SOBA Asian Bistro

As I have mentioned before, I am a fan of SOBA Asian Bistro. This time it was the Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup. Soba's Noodle soup is MMM MMM good. I just made that up. Catchy. I can see the commercial now. In the middle of a big winter storm, a short snowman walks up the path to his house and enters into the mud room. Then his mom hands him a cup of Spicy Shrimp Noodle soup. He takes a sip and all the snow melts off and you see the little boy under the snow.

I just made that up too.



Getting a dish with shrimp in it ends up in a seafood edition of where's Waldo...the shrimp being Waldo. I can't wait to see Snakes on a Plane so I can get some more material like that. C'mon! Waldo? Where's the creativity is more like it? But seriously, look at the amount of shrimp. I think there was like 7 or 8 shrimps in there. I love the glass noodles and the broth is pretty spicy. Does it get better for $6.95?

Oh I almost forgot, for $1.75 you can get a Summer Spring Roll. Check it out:

It's like a Noodle Burrito. The mint is nice and refreshing and that peanut sauce is chuck full of peanuts and sauce...which is what I like in a peanut sauce.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, SOBA is SoBa-F*$#ing-gooood. Yeah, I'm going to hear about that one from my parents. I think it's a good slogan though. I'll take my t-shirt in an XXL (told you I'm a fatty).

Anyway, I highly recommend the Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup and the Summer Spring Roll from SOBA.

Review of SOBA's Phad Thai and Tonkatsu

SOBA Asian Bistro
945 NW Bond Street
Bend, OR 97701
Ph: 541.318.1535

http://www.eatsoba.com/


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

1What? Got something to say?

Blogger The Real McKee said...

My girlfriend and I always get the Teriyaki Chicken bowl when we eat there. It's a favorite of ours! Thanks you so much for making affordable Asian food, SOBA!! :-)

November 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home