BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

8.14.2006

Downtowner - Bend Oregon

Downtowner

I've visited The Downtowner a few times and have enjoyed it every time. I'll recommend NOT wearing your yankees gear if you do visit. I made the mistake of wearing a yankees hat one time last year....they didn't like it.

After reviewing the menu options and having previously read the review from
the Source Weekly, I had made up my mind. Although I really wanted to try the same pulled pork sandwich, I wanted to offer a different item up for review and what's better than a sandwich with bacon? I want to marry bacon. I think it might be legal in Texas.


For $7.95 you get Turkey, Swiss, avocado spread, and of course Bacon on a Kaiser roll. Genius! The quality and the size was well worth the price. Also served with house chips and a pickle. I couldn't finish this sandwich it was so big. Or it could have been my love of bacon and the fact that they had a Potato Bacon Soup:


Bacon + Potatoes = Crazy Delicious.

I highly recommend both of these dishes but bring your appetite and some caffeine, after a large cup of creamy soup and a huge turkey sandwich I wanted to pass out at my desk. When I go back I might just have to try The Parcells. Can you guess what type of sandwich that would be?

If you guessed Tuna, lets hang out and watch a game. If you still have no idea what I'm talking about, I have an empty spot in my Fantasy Football league, please join it.

The Downtowner
852 Brooks Street
On the breezeway in downtown Bend
Free downtown delivery!
(541) 388-2467

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

8What? Got something to say?

Blogger Jen said...

Oh yummm... I love the Downtowner. I love the Caldo Verde and Crab & Sweet Potato Soups! And every once in a while when you are really lucky they have Fluffernutter. MMMM....

August 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great comments! If anyone has any suggestions how we can do better, please let John or me know!

February 10, 2007  
Blogger deadgopher said...

If you haven't tried the Philly yet.... you aren't living.

June 19, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

One of my favorite spots in Bend, to be sure. Occasionally I wake up at 3:00 in the morning and can't fall back asleep, overcome by cravings for a Maloney. I agree with gopher, the Philly is awesome, if non-traditional. And those chips...and good beer selection...and, uh, gotta go bye.

June 20, 2007  
Blogger Chillable said...

Ok, as a north-of-Philly girl, I first must give props to the fact that they sell Tastykakes at the Downtowner. Yes, Tastykakes! If you've never had a butterscotch krimpet...well friend, you're missing out.
On to the sandwiches. They're all so damn good, but I can't seem to ever order anything but the Balboa. It's the perfect italian sub: multi-meats, hot pepper relish, oh yeah!

July 27, 2007  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

Tastykakes?!?!?! When did this happen?!?! The butterscotch krimpets are my FAV!!

I'm going.

July 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fyi all, The Downtowner is also quite vegan friendly, with a choice of tofurkey as a substitution in any sandwich - like the Pulled Pork sandwich, for instance. Awesome soups and salads, perfect atmosphere, great prices -I wanna go there right now!

December 09, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

food is great, but when I want to walk from my office to grab a bite to eat at lunch time it needs to not take 45 minutes for me to get a sandwich to go. that would be my only suggestion for improvement. the sandwiches that I have ordered have been great!!

April 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home