BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

1.13.2010

Chicago Style Hot Dogs - Bend Oregon

Chicago Style Hot Dogs and Italian Beef

Since the Hottest Dog up and left me without even a Dear John letter, I've been praying for another hot dog joint to show up. When I heard that Chicago Style Hot Dogs was open in the old Baskin-Robbins spot on 3rd next to the Taco Bell, I got a excited. Then all of the friends that went there told me their opinions and I wasn't so excited.

I heard that it was mediocre at best and the dogs were small. I always listen to my friends but will still go and try it for myself. Sort of what I hope most of you do with my reviews. Just cause I didn't like the dish that I got, doesn't mean you shouldn't try something different yourself. But whatever.

A friend of mine went to Chicago Style Hot Dogs about 45 minutes before I was planning on meeting a different friend for lunch. He said that he'd be amazed if they had one more customer between our visits. He said he was the only one there and the parking lot was empty.

When I arrived, the parking lot was full and only one table of the 5 or 6 tables available was open. My friend ordered the Chicago Dog with chili fries. I went for the Chili Dog and regular fries. With one drink the total was like $13. Dogs are around $4-5 and fries about a buck fiddy.








The chili dog that I ate was good. I'd get it again. From what I know of hot dogs, the dog itself was a pretty good quality dog and the chili was what I expected, chili.

Would I drive to the Chicago Style Hot Dogs location to get a chili dog? Maybe, but not something I'm going to really put on the rotation. More of a craving sort of thing when the beer belly starts kicking. OOOOh he's going to be a soccer playah.

Overall the dogs seem to be slightly better than those you'd find on a street corner or at the ballpark. In their current location, I wonder if they have the product that gets people to seek them out. But I'd rather get a chili dog than that 5 layer burrito from Taco Bell next door.

The fries are not worth the $1.50. They have this machine that cranks out fries to order called the Auto Fry. Unfortunately the Auto Fry is only Auto, they forgot the Fry part. Fries come out like wet noodles. I used a fork to get a few of them as every time I used my hands they were dripping in oil. I ate a couple and called it quits. I wouldn't get the fries again unless they crank up the heat and produce fried fries.

My friend and other friends that have had the Chicago Dog have all said that it was just OK. I personally would never get a hot dog with a salad on top which is why I don't eat hot dogs in Chicago.

Chicago Style Hot Dogs and Italian Beef
1106 Northeast 3rd Street
Bend, OR 97701-4529
(541) 383-3647

old Baskin-Robbins location

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

2What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Adam Sherk said...

Go Bulls.

January 15, 2010  
Blogger ROTF said...

Whether you like Chicago dogs or not don't use the name unless you make a REAL Chicago dog. For example...Portillo's. It's classic Chicago dogs.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/portillos%20hot%20dog/vivid_one/Non%20Moto%20pics/Thanksgiving%20Trip%202008/120108_Portillos2x.jpg

Regardless...sucks about the fries. How can you be so inept at making fries?!?

January 23, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home