BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

5.24.2007

Applebee's - Bend, Oregon

Applebee's, Bend Oregon

I recently was invited to join a small group heading to Applebee's and I couldn't pass up the chance to get a photo of some of those Boneless Buffalo Wings in my pursuit of the Best Wings in Bend Oregon.

It's very rare that I ever go to Applebee's. I don't like the food served. It's not that good. Can anyone explain why it's so popular?

It's also a rare treat that a restaurant in Bend has photos of all of their dishes available online so for the first time, I can compare what they have for their photos with the pictures I was able to get at the table.

http://www.applebees.com/MenuLanding.aspx
BONELESS BUFFALO WINGS
Breaded chicken breast tossed in classic or HOT Buffalo wing sauce, with celery sticks and ranch dressing.

My photo:


These wings were actually pretty good for being chicken breast nuggets in hot wing sauce. We were a little disappointed that the description says they come with ranch and we were served bleu cheese and it took forever to get some ranch that we only had one wing left when the ranch arrived.

CLUB HOUSE GRILL
Sliced ham, oven-roasted turkey, cheddar, tomato and mayo on grilled sourdough, with Applebee’s® Signature Barbecue Sauce.

My Photos:


I did not like the BBQ sauce on this sandwich and could not finish it. The portion was great, it was stacked high with turkey and ham as you can see above. The bacon was paper thin and similar to that of the bacon you'd get at McDonalds.

I won't be back to Applebee's anytime soon since their food is not good...still. My favorite comment from lunch came as we were getting up from the table and my friend says (and I know this isn't a topic to make jokes about but it summed up lunch perfectly in my mind) "I wish I was bulimic".

No one finished their food at the table aside from the wings...and no one took their left overs home. So it's not just me.

Applebee's
3197C Highway 97
Bend, OR 97701
Phone: 541.318.5720
http://www.applebees.com/

Labels: , ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Blogger dkgoodman said...

I don't understand the success of Applebee's either. As you say, the BBQ isn't very good, and the seasonings on vegetables don't suit my palate. It gives me these terrible feelings of self-doubt. Is there something wrong with me? How come I don't like these flavors that seem so popular? I guess I'm a freak. :)

May 24, 2007  
Blogger Jen said...

The new one in Redmond always seems packed, so they must be doing something "right". Maybe you get a free bag of money with each meal?

May 24, 2007  
Blogger Agile DJ said...

Applebee's success is based in the late 80s, early 90s. Today's management is completely to blame. One of the few restaurants (in America) that won't post calorie information (except for a couple of salads). Their "forward thinking innovation" is to stick two more slices of American cheese on a hamburger. Individual spots may be "packed" but overall the company is doing poorly compared to the competition. Stay away, unless you like sugar and fat in large portions.

July 10, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

They are the same people that consider Olive Garden "fine italian dining"

May 24, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home