BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

2.02.2009

Tony's Deli

Tony's Deli

I bumped into a couple of friends at Starbucks -- Side note on Starbucks...shut up...I don't care about your fancy pants coffee shop. I don't even like coffee. The Wife likes Starbucks and that's where we go....shut up -- after eating the Two Taco Tuesday special at Taco Del Mar and they had just come from Tony’s Deli. They swear by the Cheese Steak and eat there all the time. So I thought I'd revisit good old Tony's and see if things have improved since my first visit.

So I went to Tony's a few times before writing this review. First time back I didn't get the cheese steak but thankfully, someone at my table did and I was able to get a good look at it. It looked great and they loved it. But I opted for the Italian Club - turkey, pancetta, tomato, avocado, pesto, romaine, mozzarella and mayo on sourdough.


Very fresh and bright, clean flavors. I thought the pancetta instead of bacon was a great change of pace as well as the pesto. It was a very good club.

I couldn't stop thinking about that cheese steak though and had to go back just for it. I really wanted it to be good and when I took my first bite, the bread was sooo soft and the steak was cooked perfectly.


Cheese Steaks at Tony's are not the variety you'd find at Gino's or Pat's in Philly with their cheeze wiz, greasy mess. The meat is thicker than the paper thin stuff you'll find in Philly and much better quality. A normal cheese steak at Tony's comes with steak, grilled onions and peppers, provolone and mayo on their classic crusty roll. Sooooo good! Best cheese steak sandwich in Bend. We can't stop talking about it. That bread! Oh man, it is crusty on the outside and soft on the inside (kinda like me).

Tony's Deli has some of the best customer service as well. Always friendly and accommodating, eager to help out with your order and make recommendations. We went in for an early dinner and got to the door at around 6pm (they close at 6:30pm which we were unaware). They looked like they were done for the evening as everything was spotless. I had to ask if they were still open and even asked if we should get our orders to-go. They were totally cool and said it was perfectly fine. They jumped into action and we had our cheese steaks in no time.

I'm pretty sure it was the owner that came out and asked us how everything was. He assumed that the Wife was the one that opted out on the peppers and onions on the two cheese steaks we ordered. He was probably assuming that not getting the stinky onions and peppers would be lady-like. Well, I'm the nancy in this case. I wanted just cheese and steak. For me, that is what a cheese steak is all about. Cheese and steak.

If you like cheese steak, give them a try and let me know what you think. I don't want to hear about your favorite east coast cheese steak as I don't care and this is about Tony's Deli. If you know of a better one in Bend, I'd really like to hear so I can disagree. On a final note, the side dishes at Tony's could use some serious help. Just serve some chips man.

Tony’s Delicatessen
320 S.W. Century Dr., Suite 410
Bend, Oregon
647-1653

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

6What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Tony's. I have tried several items on their menu and have loved them all. Agreed that their customer service is fantastic.

February 04, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too: love Tony's, love the cheesesteak. Sent the parents while they were in town and they couldn't get enough. I actually like the coleslaw - the owner told me they make small batches so it is always fresh. Ditto-awesome service.

May 06, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cheesesteak rules!

June 10, 2009  
Anonymous monkeyinabox said...

Finally had the cheesesteak there today. YUMMY to the max. Crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. Great combo.

The size of the side served was a little on the skimpy side. Yep, a skimp side. If it sucked I wouldn't complain, but it was good too, so I wanted more.

MORE MORE MORE. I WANT MORE!

July 24, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the comments everyone! It's so great to have positive feedback! I work at Tony's and have been there since the beginning. We absolutely love what we do, and the entire staff is great! Keep us alive with the hard times and tell everyone you know! Thanks again!

May 27, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony's is great! Try the Chicken Corn Chowder. It is a home run.

June 25, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home