BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

8.04.2008

Tony’s Delicatessen

Tony’s Delicatessen

Tony’s Delicatessen located by Safeway, Starbucks, and Taco Del Mar on the west side serves up Italian deli meats, sandwiches, and salads. There are also pre-made take home items like Calzones or Lasagna that you can warm up back at the house. The owner's name is not Tony. From what I've heard, no one involved is named Tony. But it is a good name for an Italian deli. I mean, is there a more Italian/American name than Tony? When I think of Tony, I immediately think of Tony Micelli from Who's the Boss. Sadly, no Alyssa Milano behind the counter, even though she could probably use the work.

I selected "The Adamonator"

Pepperoni, Capicola, Mortadella and Mozzarella topped with a balsamic vinaigrette. The flavors were good and the meat quality was great. For $9.25 it was a decent sandwich. There was a disproportionate amount of stuffing to bread. Before my first bite I ripped off a good chunk of bread so I could get to the meat. After inspecting the other half of the sandwich I made an executive decision and transported the meat from one half to the other and ditched the remaining bread.

A friend of mine decided to go with the meatball sub. She said she liked it but her meatballs are better.


Overall the staff was really friendly and helpful. The food was pretty good but overkill on the bread. I looked around and only one person at our table didn't have at least 3" of bread that they tore off or had left over when finished. She was the only person that ordered an Americano style sandwich so she didn't have the same sub style bread that we did.

I do want to go back for one of those Calzones but I doubt I'd get the Adamonater again. Maybe I'd try a different sandwich but we'll see.

Tony’s Delicatessen
320 S.W. Century Dr., Suite 410
Bend, Oregon
647-1653

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

1What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try the cheese steak next time -

December 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home