BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

5.13.2008

Nancy P's Baking Co

Nancy P's Baking Co

Nancy P's Baking Co sits to the left of the Newport Market. Not behind Newport Market or across the street like everyone kept telling me. Well technically it is across the street but when you say that, everyone is going to assume you mean across the street in front of the market. Am I wrong? When someone says across the street do you ever think that they mean across the street to the left or right? Or behind? Come on people, work with me.

I finally found this little bakery and when I visited at around 9am on a week day I found the place packed. In the small dining area there was not an empty seat. Sort of freaked me out. Don't you all have jobs?


There were all sorts of baked goods to browse though and we made a few selections The brownie was sooo sweet and rich that I couldn't finish it. That's not a knock on the brownie, it was very good but I can't take that much chocolate or sugar.


I was able to wrestle a couple of bites of the cinnamon roll away from the wife and considered fighting for more. But again, the sugar is a killer to my thunder thighs.


Instead I got this ham and cheese turn over thingy. I forgot what it was actually called. I didn't really care, I was just trying to decide between the ham and cheese or the one with bacon.

The wrap type thingy was good, the bread was soft and had some nice salty seasonings on it. I found that there was not enough ham and cheese and way too much bread. There was a stone ground mustard inside but it was not spread evenly. So when I ate this thing I had about half of it left and it was all mustard which wasn't on the first half....with the ham and cheese. Other than that it was good.

Nancy P's seems to have a loyal following. I get a couple emails here an there asking if I'd been there or when am I going to write about it. Well here you go, now you can shut it.

I have one small complaint. I would have liked to have seen prices on the items in the case while I was browsing. The wife paid so I have no idea how much our breakfast snacks cost. The wife has one complaint, why is the Nancy P's part of the sign out front sooooo tiny and the BAKING CO is sooo big? People should start referring to this place as the Baking Company instead of Nancy P's so we can find it.

Nancy P's Baking Co
1054 NW Milwaukee Ave
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 322-8778

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

6What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You NEED to go back and try a sandwich, like their turkey with home made pesto or salami or chicken. They are the best!

May 13, 2008  
Blogger ATCPeter said...

I gots issues with their pricing, like you alluded to. It's bad enough there aren't always prices in the case. Then the shocker comes at the register when you learn that your 2 bagels and 2 lattes were $43, give or take. I don't have that kind of money in the bank. Oh, and they only take cash, right? Don't get me wrong, they have some fine and tasty treats. But I can really only afford it on payday.

May 13, 2008  
Blogger Jen said...

Two words: Bacon Sandwich

Oh, and one more word (mostly for the wife): Cupcake

I like it when they have the big trays of mini cupcakes for a buck each. The regular ones are too big (and you only get to have one kind of cupcake).

May 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOR;

The quiche.... that's the real reason to go... though I agree their sandwiches are fantastic. Great commentary in this peice, I totally agree with the pricing complaint!
Bridget:)

May 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

High prices...are you kidding me!!! I go there 3-4 times a week and usually get either a huge scone or some other pastry and a large orange juice for 4 bucks...pretty good deal to me. Hands down, they make the best scones in the world!!!

February 21, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Ina. Nancy Ps is the best bang-for-your-bakery in Bend -- especially if you're buying pastries.

March 09, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home