BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

5.29.2007

Papa Murphy's Taco Pizza is Back!!

Papa Murphy's Bend Oregon

After my last post on Papa Murhpy's there were some saddened comments about the removal of the Taco Pizza from the menu. I ended up at Papa Murphy's again the other day and once I saw that the special was the Taco Pizza, I had to go for it.

Papa Murphy's Taco Pizza
One thing I noticed about this pizza when I unwrapped it was the stench. This pizza stinks. Not a good smell. Ok, it smelled pretty weird at first but after it came out of the oven it smelled rather good. I think it was the seasoning on the ground beef.

I like pizza, I LOVE Mexican food...this pizza is half of both but not half bad. I got tomatoes on the side so the photo above doesn't show the tomatoes. I covered mine with crushed red peppers, fresh ground black pepper, and Chahula hot sauce. I love Chahula hot sauce on pizza...and tuna fish sandwiches...seriously, try it.

I'm not sure how long Papa Murphy's will have the Taco Pizza available this time so get it while it's cold...get it, cause you bake it...sorry.

Papa Murphy's Take n Bake Pizza
http://www.papamurphys.com/
NE:
(541) 389-7272
211 Ne Revere Ave, Bend, OR

South:
(541) 382-6767
61160 S Highway 97 Ste E, Bend, OR

Labels: , , ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

5What? Got something to say?

Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

I always forget about Papa Murphy's, even though it's one of the few places to get food on my side of town. So, thanks to your last reminder, I went there Friday. I got the DeLite (which is basically their thin crust pizza). It was really good! I saw the Taco Pizza and thought it could be bad or good and I didn't want to take the chance. But now I'll try it, thanks for the recommendation, B.O.R.!

May 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try putting some sour cream and taco sauce on after you bake the pizza! Mmmmmmm.

BTW - the Taco Pizza will be around for a while.

May 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU... to all our loyal Papa Murphy's customers from us, the local owners!!! Honestly, not too happy about this Taco Pizza comment, the first Papa Murphy's entry was much better! :) But no matter what you like, the Taco, the Classic Italian, the deLite (thin crust) or anchovies and pineapple, we appreciate every single one of you! And for those of you who care, the new Taco Grande pizza is here to stay - one of my personal favorites - but to those who are concerned about the stated "stench," that Mr. Reviewer observed, I would encourage you to try the Taco (and you again, Mr. Reviewer) anyway. We have not had that response from anyone else so far and we try to keep a pretty close pulse on our customer feedback. So for those who read this... come to the store on Revere on Wednesday, 5/30 during our live radio remote between 4-6pm on KSJJ (102.9) and ask for one of the owners, I will personally give you a FREE Large 2-Topping Pizza coupon to use anytime you want (to the first 25 people)! And we will also be sampling several of our products during the live radio remote so you can have the chance to try something you haven't tried before, including our new Taco Grande! Our live remote will be kicking off our summer special of $3.00 off any Family Size and $2.00 off any Large, every Wednesday, now through Labor Day, no coupon necessary! So come see us tomorrow...

And if we miss you Mr. Reviewer, leave your business card with a valid address on it for us specifically with one of the employees and I will send you a free pizza coupon in the mail.

Thanks again Mr. Reviewer for your (generally) positive comments and for all the other posters who are loyal customers!

May 29, 2007  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

I didn't think that my comment was that bad. I just said that the pizza stunk. In its uncooked state, I think the seasoning on the ground beef gives it an unusual odor which I described as bad.

No biggy, it tasted good after it was baked.

Let me clear the record, I love Papa Murphy's pizza as my original post shows. Our original Valentines was spent with a video rental and the heart shaped pizza and became a 12 year tradition...and counting (call me a cheapskate, whatever; you're just jealous you didn't think of it). I loves my romantic comedies with a slice of pepperoni.

May 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just another tip for all you Taco Grande lovers...it's fantastic on a deLITE crust! Just like a large tostada! Great toppings on a thin, crispy crust. Even more mexican-food-like. Mmmmm....

May 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home