BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

5.22.2007

Papa Murphy's Pizza, Bend Oregon

Papa Murphy's Take n Bake Pizza

What I don't like about some pizza places in town:

- Not enough sauce and they'll charge extra for it
- Cheap on the toppings
- Not fully cooked/soggy, doughy, crust
- Expensive

What I like about Papa Murphy's Pizza:

- No charge for extra sauce
- Generous toppings
- Baked however you like it since you bake it
- Cheap

What's the problem? There are good pizza places in town that serve up a mean pie. Cibellis, Olde Towne, Pizzicato, and Pizza Mondo are probably the most popular and will get the locals votes but they can get expensive and sometimes the toppings are meek. There's no doubting that the pizza you get at any of the places above won't be good. I've had them all and have enjoyed slices at each place. But if I need to feed more than just myself, to save on the bill and make sure everyone gets their fill, there is no better way than Papa Murphy's.

At Papa Murphy's, you can get anything from a mini pizza which is great for youngsters to the family size which is gigantic. The mini pizza or individual pizza is not advertised but the two in Bend will both make em for you if asked. If you're dining alone, a couple of those bad boys can hold you over. And they are super cheap.

I usually will just go with some family sized pizzas or a bunch of mediums with an assortment of toppings depending on the crowd. Mediums are great when the wife wants that disgusting Gourmet Vegetarian and I definitely do not want veggies to touch my pie. Medium nasty for you and family sized meat lovers with pineapple for me.

I will bake them at 430 degrees instead of the recommended 425 (adjusting 5 degrees for the elevation...works for me) for 10 minutes, give it a 180, then bake for another 5 minutes...done. The crust will have a light shade of brown around the edges and the bottom will be solid. Not like most places, Dominoes, where the crust is doughy. I can't stand undercooked pizza, it's fowl.

I am always satisfied with the service that I have received at either of the Bend Papa Murphy's. I think the owners/managers do a great job with hiring good kids. They are always friendly and willing to help out if you don't know what to order. I LOVE that they don't charge for extra sauce (which I recommend getting). There have been a couple times where I purchased the bread sticks. The bread sticks comes with a marinara sauce that's sorta chunky. I like to dip my bread sticks in the regular pizza sauce. I asked if I could swap it out and they ended up just giving me a cup of sauce on the side...no extra charge. LOVED IT.

They are also fast. Even when it's busy and the line is almost out the door, they crank through them pretty fast and you're on your way home to watch the latest movie about penguins (seriously, what's up with that?). There have been a couple of times while I was at the back of the line on a Friday night where I wanted to call my order in. How messed up would that be if you heard the guy behind you ordering his pizza while he's standing in line behind you? That's like a virtual cut. NO CUTSIES JACKNUT!

Papa Murphy's Take n Bake Pizza
www.papamurphys.com
NE:
(541) 389-7272
211 Ne Revere Ave, Bend, OR

South:
(541) 382-6767
61160 S Highway 97 Ste E, Bend, OR

Labels: , ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

6What? Got something to say?

Blogger Chillable said...

I'm going to try your recommendation to bake at a higher temp...I love Papa Murphys but they usually come out soggy on the bottom for me. Now, what's up with the NO MORE RECTANGULAR pan pizza on their menu? My pizza's gotta be square! It was the closest thing to east coast Sicilian style I'd been able to find in Bend...

May 22, 2007  
Blogger Jen said...

oh noooo... the sicilian style pizza was sooooo goooood. :(

another downer: they also got rid of the taco pizza, so no more spicy beef. bummer dude.

May 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hotter the oven, the better. When we make pizzas at home, we pre-heat the oven for at least an hour. And ALWAYS use a pizza stone to get it super-duper crisp. If you like pizza, invest in one. They're only $9 at Bi-Mart. Even left-over pizza tastes good re-heated on a stone. Mmmm. Pizza.

May 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a Papa Murphy's pie! It blows away the other over-priced pizzas in town. You can get coupons sent to you by signing up for their eClub:

http://www.papamurphys.com/public/about_joinEclub.cfm

The Taco pizza should be back soon too!

May 22, 2007  
Blogger IHateToBurstYourBubble said...

No doubt! Papa Murphys is excellent pizza. The Classic Italian is just killer. Garlic-based sauce... man, is that good. And it's like $12 for a pizza that feeds a family of 4-5.

Dang... you talked me into it for dinner.

May 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Papa Murphy's Pizza is to pizza what Gallo's Ripple is to wine. Sheit!

May 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home