BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

4.30.2007

Merenda Restaurant, Bend Oregon

Merenda Restaurant

Trying to come up with anything to say as far an actual review for Merenda is difficult for me. I don't have the culinary background to comment on the quality of the Oregon Petrale Sole Saltimbocca or how fresh the sauteed pea leaves were. I don't even know what I just wrote rather than trying to pretend that I could critique it. Maybe one day I'll have the experience but until then, I'll just keep watching Iron Chef. Sadly Food Network is running the American version instead of the original. I still think it's messed up that the guy doesn't bite that bell pepper like his uncle used to.

I can comment on things that I do know and I know Happy Hour. I love a good Happy Hour. You get to try all sorts of stuff at a price that doesn't destroy your wallet. As far as Happy Hour in Bend goes, it doesn't get any better than Merenda.

While we figure out what we wanted to nibble on, we get some drinks and munch on the complimentary flat bread and roasted garlic. I hope these photos are acceptable as they were taken with my cell - a habit I am trying to break.

We wanted something filling so we got the fries. I don't care what you want to call them, they're fries, and they're awesome!

And the main reason to hit up Merenda's Happy Hour is the shellfish. $0.50 each for peel and eat prawns and $0.75 for oysters.

No complaints at all. If you've never been to Merenda, I recommend going to Happy Hour for some appetizers so you can get a feel for the menu before you return for dinner. Or just stay for dinner, it doesn't make a difference to me.

Merenda Restaurant
900 NW Wall St
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 330-2304
www.merendarestaurant.com

I found this article at BendLiving with great quotes and compliments on Merenda from local chefs of other great restaurants:
Chefs Choice Top Ten (although there are only 9 listed, odd)

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a warning---not every drink is included in the Happy Hour price. We were made to feel a little stupid when we got our bill for 3 margaritas on the rocks and were told we had to pay full price. I guess we were the only 2 people in Bend who didn't know that a well drink with juice didn't include what we ordered--guess we need to get out more often, but by the way our misunderstanding was treated (basically with a too bad from the manager) I know one place we won't be getting out to again!

June 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is an old topic, but I have to let your readers know that my husband and I were treated exceedingly well at Merenda's Happy Hour. Our server made a very small mistake with our order and the manager gave us an additional plate of oysters and a drink as compensation. I can't wait to get back to Bend & Merenda.

September 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I called one evening (4:00pm) to order 6 Cobb Salads as we were having a late office meeting and was told that was a lunch item and to choose something else. LISTEN UP! YOU HAVE ALL THE INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THOSE SALADS SO MAKE THEM! I guess the owner and manager have to much money and don't care to make anymore. We got our salads from Greg's without the rudeness.

October 06, 2007  
Blogger Arlene M. Spencer said...

Just a winter season tip for your readers, BOR...

This week my hubby and I found ourselves hungry, downtown. We went into Merenda. There was literally one server for the entire downstairs floor, and 1/3 of the tables were seated. The service was poor and many 'staff' (some might even think they're servers) milled about the bar with their eyes averted from meeting hungry/needy customers' eyes.

Merenda's customer service is a mystery.

The cold weather tip? Be sure to get the potato leek soup! I know, I know. I've seen it on their menu, too, and thought 'cardboard'. You and I are so wrong.

It's excellent.

November 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home