BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

5.03.2007

Taco Stand, Bend Oregon

THE Taco Stand

A while back I tried to determine where you could get the best burrito in Bend Oregon and received some feedback that I needed to try a couple other places. One of those places was the locals favorite, Taco Stand. Very inexpensive burritos and large portions.

There is a great photo of the inside of the Taco Stand available in The Bulletin's review available here.

As you can see, the inside is tiny. It was packed when I went so instead of trying to be social and sit at a table with an empty seat I took my burrito to go. I was sort of out of it when I ordered and didn't realize that what I was asking for wasn't even on the menu.

"May I please have the Carnitas Burrito" - Me
"Oh you want it in a burrito? No, no, that's fine, they'll do it" - Cashier
"Oh, yeah ok, with rice and beans" - Me
"Inside? They'll do it, no problem" - Cashier
"Sweet, also can I have that echilada style" - Me
"Of course, $5.90 please" - Cashier

Perfect. I took $2 Pork taco and turned it into a six dollar burrito with all the fixins.

I should have asked for more hot sauce, you can keep the green stuff and the chunky salsa. I just want the hot stuff.

The burrito was good. It wasn't great though. I think my choice for Carnitas was where I went wrong. The enchilada sauce was great and I recommend getting your burrito enchilada style, it's a good choice. I'll definitely be back for the prices are unbeatable. I just need to find my dish.

Taco Stand
(541) 382-0494
221 Nw Hill St
Bend, OR 97701

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know what locals eat there as I found it not that great.you can do cheap and no flavor and that is what I got.Also not that clean in there. Probably will stick with the downtown favorites.just my opinion though.

May 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Chicken Enchiladas are the best at taco stand!!! You cant find a better one! YUM!

October 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been hitting the stand for almost 20 years now. It's fresh, consistent, fast, good, and cheap. a true locals spot. I disagree with the first comment that it's not clean. It's not fancy decor but they wipe down the tables after every customer.

February 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home