BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

5.30.2007

Mystery Steak

How much would you pay for this steak dinner?

I think restaurants should tell you the prices of their specials. Sometimes specials are reduced priced specials and sometimes they are new menu items that the restaurant is trying out. I wish all specials were a special item with a special (reduced) price.

So I'd like to ask you faithful readers (and you groupies) to give your opinion on what this steak should cost. I'll post the review of this restaurant later. The person who get's the closest to the actual price will win a half filled out punch card to SOBA (it's sad but that's the best I can offer).

Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

17What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That steak should cost exactly $8.95.

May 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That steak is $14.99, man that looks good, I wonder if they have tartar sauce....

May 30, 2007  
Blogger dkgoodman said...

$23

May 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're going to overcharge because of the prawn on top of the steak - so I say $27.95. Whitey says $32.99. Either way, it's going to be too much.

I love this game. You should do it more often!

May 30, 2007  
Blogger Kat said...

I'm with you. Specials should be a lower price. However, I learned a hard lesson once that that isn't always the case.

And what's with the one shrimp? Why even bother? For a "special" it should be $9.99, but it's probably more like $29

May 30, 2007  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow... that's a lot of asparagus. I hope it was tasty!

Twenty bucks.

May 30, 2007  
Blogger It's me said...

Let's say it's $9.99 at Shari's or something similar. Or $24.95 if you buy it at a downtown restaurant. ;)

Plates look non-too-trendy, as does the countertop/tabletop.

Are you sure you didn't make this at home to fool us? :)

May 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked at one of Bend's first upscale restaurants (back in the very early 90's), for an owner that was meticulous for remembering names, occupations, what wine they had last time (even if it was five years prior)...

Anyway, he would tell us to purposefully say the "Specials" without prices, then tell us what to charge based on who the person was.

I once charged $16 for a Portabello Mushroom appetizer because the customer was a hot-shot attorney, when I had been charging $7 to the majority of people.

May 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go with KeenEye and say $27.95. Or $28.95. Trying to place the restaurant, too, which would give a good hint... :)

May 30, 2007  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

The range so far has been $8.95 to $32.99. This has been entertaining for sure. There are two "prawns" on top of the steak. They were rather small which is why it looks like one.

No one has guessed exactly right but one person is pretty close.

It is a restaurant Snowbuggy (LOVE your profile photo!), and if I give the name I think it will be too much of a hint.

The half filled SOBA punch card is still up in the air! HA!

May 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$12.95

May 30, 2007  
Blogger eBay K said...

The correct answer is $24.95. After all, tossing the shrimp on top makes it "surf and turf".

May 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Using my best Dr. Evil voice... One million dollars!

$24.99

May 30, 2007  
Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

That is one juicy lookin' steak! But, since the potatoes are plain, there's no squiggly of some kind of fancy schmancy sauce around the plate, and the asparagus aren't tied together with a piece of prosciutto, I'll say &8.95.

May 30, 2007  
Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

Oops, sorry anonymous, didn't mean to copy! I meant to say $8.99.

May 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Resturant is probably Zydacco.

The steak I had was a ribeye and since I wasn't paying, I would guess the entree was $24.95

May 30, 2007  
Blogger John Cal said...

what i would pay and what it costs are two entirely different things. i'm going to go with 28.97.

May 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home