BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

1.27.2010

Brother Jon's - Bend Oregon


Brother Jon's

I've gushed over Brother Jon's in the past but that was just about their regular menu. Lately I've been all over their specials. I love showing up and seeing whats on the big chalk board for that day. I haven't been disappointed yet. Brother Jon's is my favorite restaurant/hangout in Bend right now. Everything is great and its all priced right. Specials are normally right at $8.50 or $9 and is a solid meal every time.

I normally will try to go for lunch once a week and if I don't, I start to get the shakes. Once on a Monday I was fortunate enough that they were offering the dinner special at lunch - Pork Verde. Amazing! I can't stop talking about it to my friends. Chunks of super tender pork swimming in a bowl of spicy verde and served with rice and a bowl of soupy black beans and tortillas.

On the days that I walk in to see the chicken pot pie on the specials board I get all excited. I mean, just look at it:


When I was a kid, chicken pot pie was right out of the freezer and after an eternity in the oven the first bite would burn the roof of my mouth while the rest of it was still frozen. The Brother Jon's version is quite a bit better. I've only successfully finished it once out of 3 attempts but will get it every time its offered.

Another special that I've had the pleasure of destroying was the sweet hot pulled pork covered in cheese. Messy sucker but very good and just look at the portions.


Basically you can't go wrong with anything on the menu or anything offered for as a special.

And of course don't forget the $2 PBR tall boys. I've been on a PBR kick lately. I use my P-38 Can Opener to pop a vent in the back of the can for easy flow and sprinkle a little salt on top like a Whiskey Tango (military speak for WT - WT being white trash) margarita. Salt on the top of a cheap beer can makes it fancy, high class sippin.

So arm yourself with a P-38 (you civilians can get one at the Military Surplus on 3rd) and next time you're at a WT party where all they have is canned beer, do as I do and pop'n salt that sucker and swill. Just a little tip from your Uncle BOR.
Brother Jon's Public House
1227 NW Galveston Ave.
Bend, OR 97701
541-306-3321
http://brotherjons.com/

OK, a little bonus coverage - The current site is awesome, simply says "Eat me, please." When I was a little kid my parents took us to Philly and we did all the tourist stuff like run up the Museum steps Rocky style and then we went inside to tour the museum. There was this machine that you could put you name onto a commemorative coin as a souvenir. I of course put my name and it stamped "Future BOR" right onto the coin. I was pleased as punch.

My older brother was cracking up as he received his coin. He showed it to me and it read "Eat Me Philly!"

I didn't get it. He got in trouble.

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

1What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Good portions ... good food ... good service ... Jon the owner does it right and makes you feel right at home.

Steve

January 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home