Deschutes Barrel Aged Tasting AND Upcoming Events
They also do a great job of making sure you get something to eat. This last time they had a huge variety of mini burgers with a huge selection of buns and toppings. I wish they would have had some recommended combos like "Turtle burger on rye bun with the raspberry ketchup". I'm kidding...they didn't have rye buns.
I selected the rabbit, gator, and venison burgers. When is the next time I'm going to get to try gator? Why not go for it.
I actually didn't care for the gator at all. But the rest of the grub was great. I liked the potato skins. Who doesn't like tater skins?
I absolutely love going to anything at the mountain room. Barrel Aged Tastings, The Crab Boil, and the Beer Dinners (and I also finished at the final table of one of their poker tournaments) are all great. If you never went to any of these, I highly recommend that you budget for it.
Upcoming Deschutes Brewery Events:
1) Breedlove Festival, sponsored by Deschutes Brewery – July 31-Aug. 1. Musical line-up includes Dire Straits’ David Knopfler, Grammy winner Ed Gerhard, and Country/Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductee Chris Hilman, all of whom play Breedlove guitars, which are manufactured in Bend, Oregon.
2) Farmer’s Feast Beer Dinner @ Deschutes Brewery in Bend – August 28th @ 6PM. This beer dinner pairs the freshest ingredients from Central Oregon farms with Deschutes Brewery’s finest beers. Meet the farmers for a journey from till to table. $55/person includes beer and gratuity. RSVP to Winter at 541-385-8606.
3) Friday Farmer’s Market menu special every Friday @ the Bend Pub. Deschutes Brewery chefs walk to the downtown Farmer’s Market every Wednesday to see what’s fresh, and bring it back to the Pub to create a special dish for lunch and dinner on Friday.
4) Oyster Racing Series, sponsored by Deschutes Brewery. Urban Adventure Race coming to a town near you? August 15th = Denver; Aug. 29th = Seattle; Sept. 19th = Portland; Sept. 26 = San Francisco; Oct. 11 = Austin; Oct. 24 = Nashville.
5) Little Woody Barrel Aged Brew Festival in downtown Bend – September 12, noon to 10PM. This festival will feature hand-crafted, wood-aged beer as well as one specialty brew from all of Central Oregon’s seven breweries. Live music, wood carving exhibition and beer tastings, on the lawn of the Deschutes Historical Society on the corner of Wall Street and Idaho. $6/person includes commemorative glass. Tasting package available for $15. Call Cindy Tintle for more information: 541-323-0964.
6) Upcoming Beer Releases: Jubelale (October 1), Hop Trip (October), The Abyss (November)
7) Jubelale release party @ Portland Pub – Oct. 1. Meet the artist who designed the Jubelale label and poster during First Thursday Art Walk at Deschutes Brewery in Portland’s Pearl District.
8) The Abyss 2009 release party in Bend and Portland – November. Exact date and details TBD. Stay tuned!