BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

4.09.2008

Makahna's Cafe - Bend Oregon

Makahna's Cafe

On the west side of Bend there are a shit load of breakfast joints and coffee houses. Driving down Galveston recently I noticed a sign for Makahna's Cafe and Coffee house. It got me thinking of the last time that I went to a place called Makahna's (Trattoria) where Super Burrito is currently (or very soon to be) occupying. The service was hella slow and the food wasn't worth the money at all.

On this visit for a quick breakfast, my friend and I were greeted by a cutie behind the counter who discussed the menu and gave us the scoop on the place. Seriously, what's with the restaurants on Galveston? They only hire hotties. If you're a single fella or a hottie looking for work, I think Galveston is the place to be.

Anyhoo, I ordered a regular old breakfast sandwich for $6.95. A croissant with scrambled eggs, basil, cheese (I forgot what kind), and bacon with some Makahna's sauce that was like a ranch and honey mustard dressing combo.

Effing heaven -



Service was good, didn't take too long to get our breakfast and the scenery was nice. Seriously, good looking ladies like Makahna's cafe. There were women every where. I swear I'm going to be pissed if the next time I go in there its a sausagefest just like Monday nights at Deschutes pub.

For being the same owners of the old Makahna's, they've done very well with the new menu and location...and clientele if you know what I mean.

"Why do you always want to go get breakfast at Makahna's?" - The wife asks. BOR turns and winks to an imaginary camera off to the side.

"Loser" - she sighs.

Sucks that I don't have an address. I know they're on Galveston. I guess I'll have to go back for a business card. 'BOR turns and flashes a big thumbs up again the imaginary camera'

Makahna's Cafe
1227 Northwest Galveston Avenue
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 678-5750

Thanks for the addy Dave!

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Blogger Keeneye said...

That croissant looks so good!!!!

April 09, 2008  
Blogger dkgoodman said...

Boris, Boris, Boris. When are you going to join the 21st century? You know, the age of search engines and web services? Let me know when you have some free time and I'll show you this thing called Google. You'll be shocked, I'm sure. :)

Makahna's Cafe
1227 Northwest Galveston Avenue
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 678-5750

I wonder if that hottie at Dandy's still works there...

April 09, 2008  
Blogger ad HOC said...

Makahna's redeemed! Good to hear it.

April 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the tone of your blog is changing....wondering if you could scope out a spot that has nice looking guys, preferably with dred locks and tall - the food is secondary of course....

April 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home