BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

4.11.2008

Food Events and News - April 11, 2008

Upcoming Food Events and News in Bend Oregon - April 11, 2008

Today marks the second Friday in a row that I'm posting some food events and news that were sent to me via email. I don't always have all of the information. If you know of an event or are hosting an event that you'd like to announce, shoot me an email with the details. You can let me know about a new restaurant fixin to open, a charitable event hosted by a restaurant and what not and I'll post it on the following Friday.

You can even let me know about any specials going on. Like Taco Del Mar's double stamp Mondays or 38 Degrees Tapas Tuesdays. I know that my favorite sandwich shop, Speedshop Deli has a Hot Pastrami sangwich that they are pushing every Wednesday.

It would be cool to have a compilation of daily specials that I can maintain here. Help me help you!

Here's the scoop on local happenings that I know of:

My boy HOC has a great post up about some wine samplings going on at The Jackalope Grill and The Blacksmith.

Check it and get your wine on!

----------------

Jake's Diner getting it's remodel on

The owner, Lyle (not Jake but he'll answer to Jake), has all the details listed on the Jake's Diner blog. Lyle is such a cool cat. Its amazing how much he gives back to the community.

"The diner will not be closed down during the five day makeover event. We will serve out of our back room and weather permitting, deck. On Saturday, April 26th, there will be a Revealing party and the main room will be reopened to the public. All profits for that day will be handed over to the Bend Community Kitchen and Let’s make a Space will be matching Jake’s give. It even looks like Kristi Miller might be on hand to pour some coffee and talk to the crowd. It should be a huge day."

I'm going to try my best to get out there for this one.

--------------

The Source Weekly published a Dine on a Dime section in this week's paper but I can't find it online yet. I was going to provide some commentary on a separate post with my opinions but I may not get around to it. Grab up a copy anyhow and give it a read...Hey, it's FREE!

http://www.tsweekly.com/

--------------

Bistro Corlise Presents A Five-Course Journey Through German Border Country

(BEND, OR) Bistro Corlise’s Chef Jason Logan presents an evening of culinary delights from the Alsace region of France on Tuesday, April 22. Seating is limited to 16 for this special five-course meal paired with regional wines. Cost is $125 per person (gratuity included). For full menu and reservations, visit www.bistrocorlise.com or call 385-6979. Bistro Corlise is located downtown Bend at 916 NW Wall Street.

Full Press Release via -HOC

Dude, ad hoc is killin the restaurant PR on my blog. If you're a restaurant and you don't have someone handling your PR then you're just stupid. That's right, dumb.

Check out a couple of the folks that are smart enough to send me info (which is PR 101):

Harold Olaf Cecil
http://wordsideas.com/

Renee Davidson
http://www.grassrootspr.com/

-------------

I have some competition! Another Restaurant Review blog has popped up in Bend Oregon. So for all you punks that send me your nasty comments and emails (which I crack up at every time, keep em coming) now have someone else to annoy.

Bend's Underground Food Beat
"A wannabe food critic's ponderings about restaurant experiences in Bend, Oregon."
http://bendfoodbeat.blogspot.com/

Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

0What? Got something to say?

Post a Comment

<< Home