BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

4.23.2007

Red Robin, Bend Oregon

Red Robin, Bend Oregon

I try not to go to Red Robin as much as possible but every now and then, I get roped into it. There are a couple of dishes that are doable and I do enjoy them when I finally give in to go there. I can only take the birthday singers so many times. Is there not a better place to celebrate your birthday in this town? Is it worth the $68 bill to get your free sunday?

Since I have been reviewing the Buffalo Wings available in Bend lately I thought it only fitting to get a half order of the Buzzard Wings at Red Robin.


The wings are actually pretty good for being all drummettes. I think we know my position on the drummettes so I'll refrain from going into any detail. The wing sauce was your standard hot wing sauce and it wasn't too hot or too mild. Just right.

I decided to mix it up from my normal chicken breast salad or BLTA Croissant and go with the Chili Chili Cheeseburger:

If you don't already know, the Red Robin Chili is not good. I don't know what I was thinking. The chili was really bland. I don't know what would have made it better even. Oh wait, I know, if it was made by someone else who knows how to make chili. I guess that would work. Baldy's has good chili. Where else?

Our waitress was awesome! Of course I don't remember her name but she said she's been there long enough so she hopes she's good. We let her know that we thought she rocked. Anyway, she asked if I wanted a little pink or no pink on the burger. I decided no pink when I normally would have said pink. I made another poor decision. No pink is well done which was dry. Even smothered with chili and the large amount of Tabasco I used, it was still dry.

The wife had this new item that was on that insanely large table display. You know the display that you put on the neighboring table as soon as you sit down. Their crap on the table is getting out of hand. It's just too much. Put that crap in the menu and call it good. I get your point, you want me to order a speciality drink and get dessert all within 5 minutes so you can shuffle in the next birthday party. Annoying.

Oh so the wife's dish was this Buzzard wing Zesty Wrap thingy. It was hot wing chicken breast slices in a jalapeno wrap with a zesty sauce, blue cheese dressing, and blue cheese crumbles:

It was great. She only ate half so I got the second half which was perfect since I didn't eat all of my "burger". Her's was good and I'd recommend it. The wrap was rather spicy and the flavors blended perfectly together. I'd get that again.

One thing I do like about the birthday songs (if you can actually like something about them) is the speed in which they are wrapped up. Quick and to the point. I can't stand the traditional happy birthday song. It's painful. It reminds me of Office Space when they had to sing to Bill Lumbergh.

Red Robin
www.redrobin.com
625 SW Powerhouse Dr
Bend, OR 97702
(541) 382-9234

Labels: , , ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

2What? Got something to say?

Blogger Jen said...

I like the Buzzard Wrap too... but the last time I was there they told me it's going away (the only special item on the table bus that they are keeping is the Chicken Pesto Sammy).

Like you, I feel like there is something I am missing that makes Red Robin and the like so "special". Have you seen how crowded the parking lot at the Redmond Applebee's is?? You would think they were giving food *and* money away at that joint, judging by how packed the parking lot looks!

April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some folks from my office and I went there for lunch and we were shocked at what happened. The waitress accidentally spilled strawberry lemonade that was on our table INTO my co-workers purse and on another co-workers pants. We were sure they would comp at least those 2 guests. The purse was very expensive, blackberry was in it, nice pants with big stain, etc...She said she would talk to her manager who didn't seem to care all that much. When we all got our separate bills, the co-worker with the drink in her purse refused to pay. The waitress said she would have to ask her manager, who took forever to say "ok" - but the other co-worker with the wet pants who didn't refuse to pay, still had to pay. It was a horrible experience. The food isn't that great either. One time (prior to this time and the only reason I went back was because my co-workers wanted to go) I ordererd the fried chicken sandwich and I would have sworn it was fish. Yuck! Horrible place. And the birthday singing, you gotta be kidding me.

October 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home