BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

4.20.2007

Original Pancake House - Omelet

Original Pancake House

Yesterday I posted a very short message about the Bacon Waffle at the Original Pancake House. The truth is, that was the wife's breakfast. Being that I have not been to TOPH in a long time and that I was starving, I wanted something that would guarantee I was going to be full.

I went with something safe and got the Ham and Cheese Omelet. The photo below is not the best but what I like about it is the oozing cheese. Oh ... (breath in) ... yeah (breath out):

As eMusings mentioned in his post, The Original Pancake House can have some seriously long lines. When we went late around 1pm on a Saturday, we were able to get seated rather quickly. The service is great and the quality of food is the tops.

One thing I wish I snapped a photo of was how they bring out their juice. Order juice and you'll see. A small glass in a bowl. This took me a while to try and figure out the purpose but I ended up having to ask why. Our waitress (I still call them waitresses Dave) explained that they are instructed to fill the juice glasses to the very top. This is good since the glasses are not that big but it increases the chances of spilling causing sticky floors and table tops which means more cleaning. Who wants to see someone come out with a mop and bucket all the time while they are already super busy?

Anyway, TOPH in Bend is worth the wait that many have mentioned to me. Other than being packed (which is a good problem for businesses I would think) I have not heard any other complaints about the place. It's awesome!

Original Pancake House
1025 Donovan S.W.
Bend, Oregon 97702
541-317-0380
http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

6What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to go on a Sunday, there is practically no waiting - provided you are there by 8:15 am. 8:30 is the magic moment when the lines explode! So make it an early breakfast (pre 8:15) and you'll be golden.

April 20, 2007  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

Who gets up and out of the house that early on a Sunday? You're crazy.

Good advice for the early birds though.

Thanks,

-BOR

April 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the most expensive breakfast joint ever..Sorry, I don't live on Awbrey Butte.

October 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention, they have amazing,thick, real, cream for the coffee. That place is awesome for breakfast, and try the dutch baby..

October 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not that expensive!

October 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I split a Spanish
omelette, pancakes, and a side of
bacon...all top quality. You could
eat off the floor of the kitchen.

November 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home