BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

8.25.2006

Baja Fresh Bend Oregon - Pork Carnitas Burrito

Thank you to everyone providing their comments (Jen). And a extra special thank you to those of you who have clicked on the Google Ads to help raise some funds for COCAAN's Feed the Need program. Keep it up! Remember, for every $1 raised, COCAAN can distribute 8 pounds of food!

How's the saying go? A Burrito a day keeps the Doctor away? Hmmm yeah that sounds right. I could eat Mexican food (or Mexican Cuisine as I've heard some genius refer to it) every day of my life. I love it. I love hot sauces on it as well.

So to continue on my week of Burritos, I made it out to Baja Fresh. Baja Fresh boasts that they do not have any microwaves, can openers, freezers, lard, msg, or compromises. It'd be great if they used Styrofoam containers to keep with Bend Restaurant tradition! But they don't and they're food is actually quite good.


I like to get what I want. So I am one of those tough customers that always asked for stuff on the side, replacements, extra this, less that. Why not? I'm paying for it. But I always ask with a smile and always say please and thank you. Momma didn't raise no fool. I make a point to not piss off food handlers.

Anyone see "Waiting"? Yeah, if you have you know what I mean.

Pictured above started out simple with a $3.85 bean and cheese burrito. But I like black beans AND refried so I politely ask for mixed beans. Then I add Pork Carnitas to make it $5.70. But lets take it one step further and make this bad boy Enchilada Style to get the warm salsa smothering the burrito, topped with melted jack and cheddar, served with nachos, pico de gallo and sour cream. Grand total - $7.45.

The Pork Carnitas was soooo much better than the spicy pork at Super Burrito the other day. The pork was tender and juicy, full of porky goodness. Their enchilada sauce was perfect, the hot salsa even better, and the portions were generous as you can see.

Refried beans. You know how you get refried beans at any Mexican restaurant in town? Ever see any refried beans in it? Most of the time it's like a refried bean paste with the remnants of what used to be a bean sprinkled through out. This is why I normally get black beans instead. But man, the refried beans at Baja Fresh are hella good! I know it's just a little matter but a wise young lady once said "Refried beans bring the whole meal together, without good beans, what's the point?"

I believe the quality and flavor did beat out the El Caporal Deluxe Burrito from earlier this week and a little less expensive.

Baja Fresh Mexican Grill
916 Ne 3rd St
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 617-8781
http://www.bajafresh.com/


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Blogger dkgoodman said...

Does anyone in Bend serve paella? Enquiring minds wanna know! :)

August 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't like Baja Fresh I would rather eat at TacoTime. The salsa in the bar at TacoTime is better than all the salsa at full service Mexican restaurants in town. and they were making it fresh before anyone else. It is hot hot and great.

August 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta say I love Baja Fresh, but almost always get the nachos! They are my favorite. I love their pico de gallo! For fast food mexican it can't be beat!

December 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home