BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

7.28.2010

Spice Box - Bend Oregon

Spice Box

The Spice Box, located in Bend's Glorious West Side (the best side), is bringing some much needed Indian food to Bend. The Spice Box took over the old Hurricane's spot next to Bend's Favorite Kid Friendly Mexican Restaurant, Baltazar's. As of writing this post The Spice Box does not have a website but rather a Facebook Page in which they update fans on what's available on a weekly basis.

On a recent update you can find items like:

Dal Makhani (creamy lentils), Chicken Curry, Sweet Peas and Paneer, Mixed Vegetable Curry. Side dishes include - Aloo Gobi or Spinach and Eggplant curry. And they also have Vegetable Samosas, Mango Lassi, and Rice Pudding.

I first sampled the chicken curry while at the Bite of Bend. We just got the sampler for a $1 and then went back to get a bowl since it was soooo good. Since that first taste I went in for lunch and got a combo meal of the same curry. It was just as good but really a small portion of curry for $8.95. I mean you get the sides and some of that crispy cracker bread stuff, papadum, which is nice but I want more curry.

The next time I went in I was talked into getting the Tandoori Chicken and Aloo-Jareer or Jah something. It was potatoe with some spice on it and it was very good. The Tandoori Chicken was incredible and I'd gladly get it again.

spice box tandoori chicken

spice box bend oregon
Everything I've had at Spice Box has been great and the owner(s)/workers are very friendly and will explain anything on the menu that you don't understand. Still, portion size is too small for me. Just give me more of the main course. I want more of the meat and rice.

Hopefully the portions will come up but regardless, give the Spice Box a try.

The Spice Box
133 SW Century Drive
Ste 204
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 419-2542

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

1What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Markus said...

I agree 100%. For $9 the portions are too small. I loved the food, but won't come back because I left with a hole in my tummy.

July 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home