BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

12.17.2007

Jen's Garden - Sisters Oregon

Jen's Garden

Jen's Garden is probably the only restaurant in Sisters that I'd actually drive to Sisters for. Seriously, its that good. A little pricey but a great fine dining experience that is worth the trip. Of course I have not been to that many restaurants in Sisters so the bar has been set really high.

Jen's Garden offers a menu that which you can make order ala cart or just enjoy the Prix Fixe menu for $49. If you get a main course, you're already spending $25 so for another $24 you get four more courses. I love Prix Fixe menus because I end up trying a dish that I normally wouldn't order.

On top of the $49 for the five course meal, you can select the Wine Flight for an additional $20. You'll receive about a half glass of wine that's paired with each course. Works out to be about 2.5 glasses of wine. I recommend this if you enjoy wine but don't really know what to order. On my visit the first two courses were paired with some white wines which I'm normally not going to order on my own. But they were delicious with each course.

On to the photos (which are not the best and don't do the food justice, I apologize).

First Course - (Your choice from the following)
Fresh Dungeness Crab and Spinach Salad over a Artichoke, Mushroom and Red Pepper Terrine…10
Provençal Pork Confit in Brioche with Fresh Thyme Au Jus …10

When given the option, I normally will not select the more expensive option of seafood as the portions tend to be smaller. So I chose the pork.


Tender, juicy pork in a bun with a tasty au jus which I mopped up with the bun. I was really happy with my selection of the pork especially when I saw the crab salad. It looked good, just not for me.

Fish Course - La Bourride: Saffron and Fennel Broth with Fresh Seafood…11


The prawn and the clams were (in the excited Oprah voice) fabulous! There was a light broth which I could have mopped up with the crustini that was hiding under the prawn but I opted out.

Main Course - (Your choice from the following)
Roulade of Fresh Fish of the Day with Roasted Vegetable Flan and Lemon Caper Beurre Blanc…25
Coriander Crusted Rack of Lamb with Tsatsiki, Marsala Demi and Curried Lentils…25
Grilled Cascade Natural Beef Tenderloin with Cranberry Demi and Butternut Mashed Potatoes…25
Coq au Vin: Red Wine Braised Chicken Breast with Creamy Blue Cheese Polenta…25

The fish of the day was snapper...I decided on the tenderloin.

The tenderloin was very good but the cranberry sauce was very thick and sweet. It was good but the tenderloin was awesome without it. I ended up making a demi moat using the mashed potatoes to create a wall around my steak to keep the cranberry out. Then I would take a scoop of potato and dip it in the cranberry demi. This allowed me to taste the sauce with the spuds but kept my steak pure.

Salad Course
Mixed Greens with Raclette Cheese, Oven Dried Grapes, Fried Capers, Cashews and Balsamic Vinaigrette…7


I love salad towards the end of the meal instead of at the beginning. This salad is the perfect example of something that I wouldn't order on a menu after reading the description. But man, it was so good. The oven dried grapes were slightly wilted but still bursted with flavor and went great with the Raclette Cheese. The fried capers were like little balls of salt that countered the vinaigrette perfectly. It was a damn good salad, and you know I'm not a salad fan at all.

Dessert - (Your choice from the following)
Chocolate, Caramel and Pistachio Tart with Chantilly Cream…6
Spiced Pear and Dried Cherry Crisp with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream…6

The wife took my dessert while I enjoyed another glass of wine.

Overall, great meal, awesome presentation on each course, service was incredible. I felt pampered and loved the pace of dinner and enjoyed every sampling of wine with each course. My only complaint...Jen's Garden is in Sisters. Come on. I mean come on!

Jen's Garden
403 East Hood Ave.
Sisters, OR 97759

Open: 5p.m.-Close
Wednesday through Sunday

Call 549-2699 for reservations
http://www.intimatecottagecuisine.com/

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

0What? Got something to say?

Post a Comment

<< Home