BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

3.21.2007

Subway Daily Special

Subway, Bend Oregon

I don't have a standard sandwich that I get every time at Subway. But the daily special is awesome. I was there on Tuesday and the special is the Turkey and Ham. A 6" sandwich for only $2.85...($5.05 if you make it a meal) I can't think of anything wrong with that.




What I find intriguing about Subway is the staff. It's like the UN of the Restaurant industry. That should be there slogan..."Subway, The UN of Your Fast Food Nation". There are members of every race, age, and sex. It's fun to watch how the customers interact with the person serving them. I even have different responses to their questions depending on who is preparing my sandwich.

For the older ladies who are all business I keep my answers short and to the point. With the younger crew I find myself being more of a jokester or will ask stupid questions to try and get a laugh. I pretty much do whatever I have to do in order to get my sandwich just right. To a point.

I like Subway especially when it is not that busy. When it's busy and they have a hold up at the register it gets annoying. The line team is asking what vegi's you want on your sandwich but you're way back at the bread section so you have to raise your voice and talk over everyone in front of you. I like to be in front of the vegi's so I can get exactly what I want and the right amount. Maybe I'm a alone here. Plus I don't want you listening to what I like. It's personal. Don't judge me!

When it's not so rush rush, I think Subway is one of the best deals if you have to go the fast food route. Not just for the money but for the value and the health factor. Look at the napkins for a comparison of your sandwich vs the 39 grams of fat Whopper. Ouch. The marketing material on their napkins is just genius. Plus you get a lesson on Social Studies...all for $2.85!

Anyway, there are a few Subway's in Bend, ENJOY!:

61419 S Highway 97
97702
541.383.3961

515 NE Bellevue Dr
97701
541.330.1155

1288 SW Simpson
97702
541.382.4420

62929 N Highway 97
97701
541.388.8847

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

5What? Got something to say?

Blogger dkgoodman said...

My favorite there is roast beef with lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, pepperoncini, vinegar, salt and pepper. It's delish! ;)

March 21, 2007  
Blogger dkgoodman said...

I wrote this post about the Subway near Costco.

March 21, 2007  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

HA! I'm not sure how I missed your previous post. Well now there is a local foodie blog that has mentioned Subway.

-BOR

March 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, Subway. The reason they're so inexpensive is they practically have no meat on em. I'd rather do New York City Subs.

March 21, 2007  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

Even on TV commercials you hear about how Subway doesn't have enough meat. For $1 more ($2 for the 12") you can get double meat. Double meat at Subway IS more meat than you get at NYC and still half as expensive. How much is a 12" going for there now?

You can go a block down the street to WAMU and take out a line of credit if you want to get a sandwich at NYC.

March 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home