BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

2.07.2007

Baltazar's Seafood and Spirits

Baltazar's

I love seafood, I love Mexican food, so it's only fitting that I would love Baltazar's where they serve seafood with a Mexican flare. The wife an I made it over there for lunch recently with what appeared to be a Power Lunch crowd all biz casual types. I actually heard a guy use the phrase 'power lunch' while attempting to impress a waitress. I'm still laughing at him.

She had the fish tacos and I the skirt steak:



The wife traded me a fish taco for half of my steak. Well almost half. If you're smart (and very selfish) you'll fold over the thin tip of the steak and then cut half. It looks like half but you get more! Good thing she never reads this blog.

After lunch the wife described the lunch as clean. Makes sense to me. I will agree with her though, the food was very "clean". The fish was refreshing and not drenched in butter like at some places (El Caporal). I like El Cap's fish tacos but mainly because of the butter. Baltazar's was nice and light. The rice and beans were not heavy either. My steak was filling but not overwhelming even though my half was bigger than hers! hehe.

I enjoyed the lunch immensely and can't wait to get there for dinner in order to enjoy the Spirits.

If anyone has been there and has a recommendation on the drinks, I'd love to here it. I noticed on the drink menu that they have three sizes for margaritas, the largest costing like $18 or something around that! I can't wait.

Baltazar's
1465 SW Knoll Ave (just off of 14th)
541-382-6622

Labels: , ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

11What? Got something to say?

Blogger Jen said...

Yummm... a coworker promised to take me to lunch there. Now I am *really* looking forward to it.

Do you think their fish tacos are better (or more "authentic") than Anthony's?

February 07, 2007  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

Of all the times I've been to Anthony's, something else on the menu has caught my attention over the fish tacos.

If I'm not mistaken, the wife got the fish taco's there once and they come with some sort of mango salsa. I like a tortilla and fish and you get to put what you want on it. So I'd get the salsa on the side at Anthony's.

-BOR

February 09, 2007  
Blogger Chillable said...

The "enchiladas three ways" ala seafood are awesome, whatever they're called. Lobster, crab, shrimp. That may only be dinner seeing as how I've never been for lunch. But the best is their Molcajete dishes, served in a clay pot. Tons of seafood in a delicious buttery sauce. And their margs are awesome, so go big when you order one!

April 16, 2007  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

Hi Heather,

I took edited your comment on this page to take out the forwarded email from Yvette and Tom as I have an entire post dedicated to the whole Baltazar's not being Kid Friendly conversation.

Heather's comment:
"I heard about this through a forward within my company. Isn't what is described below discrimination for family status??? Unruley kids are one thing, but a sleeping infant? I plan on submitting a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.....and it wasn't even me that it happened to.
-Heather"

April 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Food was wonderful...truely a authentic experience. Bend Broadband is currently or will soon offering a cooking show featuring Baltazar himself on their FREE VOD service. Oh and by the way, I appreciate having a wonderful meal without having to watch small children having a food fights with themselves. I commend Baltazar for his stand on "adult dining."
good luck for the future.
\

April 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about "authentic" fish tacos. Such a thing doesn't really exist. In fact any time you see "authentic" you can bet that it is not. That is a gringo label, nothing more.

Any "real" (Mexican anyway) fish "taco" will consist of a fish, usually with its head on sitting on a plate with some veggies, rice and beans around it. On the side will be a stack of steamed tortillas. You can make your own tacos out of that, or if you want to really look like you know what you are doing, rip your tortillas into quarters and pick the food up with the quarter-tortilla bits, no silverware involved.

¡Ay,cabrón!

September 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember, you also were a kid!
If Baltazar wants adult-only restaurant, then he should consider to have a night club, not a restaurant

September 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went there for lunch, and had their Lobster enchilada....AWESOME! Everything on the plate was the best tasting mexican I have had in ...well I dont know but its really good. As for kids not being aloud/appreciated, I thank Balthazar for his efforts. So theres one restaurant in town people cant take their kids...get a sitter. I kind of enjoy the fact that someone out theres looking out for adults who want to have a good meal without having to see/hear kids. Nothing against them, and they're not all bad, I know. And if people dont like his stance on the issue, then they shouldnt go there. There is always take out....


BPape

October 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Just Awesome! But beware of the expensive margarita. I recommend the seafood chimichanga. Also a very great atmosphere.

January 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Bend can be spendy. But its a great place. Very beautiful and super clean air.

February 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great seafood enchiladas. A bit on the spendy side, but large portions. Margaritas are great, but expensive. NOT kid friendly. No high chairs. They sat us on the other side of the restaurant. They didn't say anything, but you could tell they don't like kids there.

January 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home