BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

12.14.2006

McMenamins - Crab Melt

McMenamins - Bend Oregon

I found myself at McMenamins again for lunch recently. On the daily specials menu the Dungenous Crab Melt caught my attention. The description was a perfect match for my taste buds - Dill Havarti, Bacon, Fresh Avacado, and served on some toasted garlic bread. Now please tell me if you think that I'm wrong in expecting some crab, cheese, bacon, and a slice of avacado on toasted bread.

Instead I received a Dungenous Crab CAKE Melt with Guacamole. I do not have a problem with this dish as long as THAT's how it's described on the menu. I am generally not a fan of crab cakes and I am pretty picky when it comes to good quac. The crab cake was ok but in this dish there was just too much going on and not enough crab. The quac was not good at all. A slice of fresh avacado would have helped out for sure.

I was pretty disappointed with this special to say the least. I definitely would not have ordered it had I known it was a crab cake with guacamole.

McMenamins - Old St. Francis School

700 NW Bond Street
Bend, OR 97701
541-382-5174
http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=98&id=737

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

5What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually try and order one of their specials--especially the stuffed burger is one of my favorites! YUM! I love their fries as well and order a Rubinator--Ruby with Terminator. Never have had a bad meal, but the service is usually lacking or slow. Have a drink in the small bar out back and enjoy the fire pit!

December 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been maybe a half dozen times. Every time I leave, I say never again. Last time was for Christmas Eve lunch with family. Greasy fries, bad sandwich, bad service, and seated about five feet away from the old boiler which used to heat the old school. A bad, sweaty lunch. And my hot buttered rum needed some rum.

February 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are bad, bad, bad. You really do have to ask and verify with your server, if you can find them, what exactly your meal will be. Then it's not that good anyways. Ordered the tuna salad sandwich last time. Got a red onion salad sandwich. Nasty.

February 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like their places in Seattle and Portland. Something about bend....the food is terrible and the beers are always watered down and flat. If you go there, stick to a burger and fries.

April 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm in salem and the mcmenamins here are so good, as the one in mcminnville etc
but when i revisited bend and we tried the new one there...it was horrible.
service and food were bad and um, there was a bug in my salad. an alive bug. it looked like a mini scorpion.
i just wanted to warn you all!!!!

April 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home