BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

12.07.2006

McMenamins - Old St. Francis School - Bend Oregon

McMenamins - Old St. Francis School


Driving around downtown we were having trouble deciding on where to get some food. A couple wrong turns and next thing we knew, there was McMenamins. Where else in town can you get a bowl of cheese for lunch? I don't know but I wanted me some cheese!


We hadn't been to McMenimans in quite a while. The last time we went for lunch the service was really...really...really slow. That's not the best feature when you do have to get back to work at some point. A lot of our friends have had the same experience but we were willing to give it another go.


The service was just dandy. I was actually rather impressed that we got exactly what we asked for, with the proper timing especially because our waitress appeared to be in training. She did a fabulous job though.


I am a big fan of restaurants giving you your appetizer first and allowing enough time to enjoy it before the rest of your food comes out. Baldy's, I'm talking to you buddy. Love your ribs but bring the wings out before my food gets there. The tables aren't big enough to hold everything. I guess I could just eat less but that's not going to happen.


What was I talking about...oh right...a bowl of cheese:


We were starving so while we figured out what we were going to order for lunch, we decided to try the Brewer's Crab Fondue Pot. Beer, cheese, crab...freakin awesome! After I was done with my Burger, I kicked myself for not spreading some of this fondue on it. That would have been perfection!

I'm half kidding. The fondue was insanely good. It was a bit much for just two people who both ordered a regular lunch as well. Four people would have been perfect or if we just got half salads after. But no, I had to get the Bacon Cheeseburger:

Pretty good for a burger. The bacon was a bit too crispy. Also, what's with the dollup of mayo/mustard "double secret sauce" that they splack on the bun? It's not enough to spread out on the bun at all. They give just the size of a quarter worth. Give me a little on the side or something so I dont have to reach for the mustard or ketchup. Other than that, it was a pretty good burger.

All in all, a good time at McMenamins.

McMenamins - Old St. Francis School

700 NW Bond Street
Bend, OR 97701
541-382-5174
http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=98&id=737

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Blogger Jen said...

Every time we have gone to that restaurant it's been *painfully* slow. But I love their movie theater... I usually get a Captain Neon burger with a side of cajun tater tots and a Rubinator (their version of a black & tan made with Ruby Ale and Terminator Stout). Their pizzas are good too.

Yummmm...

December 08, 2006  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

I like going to the movie theater as well. It's so much nicer to not pay so much AND you get to drink while watching a movie.

-BOR

December 08, 2006  
Blogger Shannon said...

We went there on Monday and waited for 10 mins (i am not exaggerating) and walked out because the service was so slow. We went to JC's instead.

December 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home