BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

8.13.2007

Cheerleaders Grill - Bend Oregon

Cheerleaders Grill

In an effort to try and get out to many of the restaurants in Bend that I have not been to, I visited Cheerleaders Grill and Sports Pub. Lately I have been on this kick to try find the Best Burger in Bend outside of Pilot Butte and Dandy's.

The 1/2 lb bacon cheeseburger:

The burger and the bacon were really good but I didn't really care for the slice of velveeta. It's not a good cheese to add to such a fine burger. I don't like how the cheese sticks to the roof of my mouth. Maybe when I was 12, but I'm all grown up now.

While I was looking over the menu before deciding on the burger, I spent a few minutes reading the full page insert about Broasters Chicken that is offered at Cheerleaders. We sampled a couple pieces and couldn't believe how good it was. Where in Bend can you get some good Fried Chicken? Since Cheerleaders is across the street from the old KFC, it sort of makes sense that they have some sweet ass fried chicken.

So I rounded my a group of fried chicken enthusiasts and convinced them that they had to try this Broasters Chicken.

broaster chicken
I got the three piece meal and replaced the thigh for another breast for a dollar more. When the waitress brought over the food, she says "where's my breast guy"? Yup, that's me, the beast guy. The chicken in phenomenally good and I highly recommend that you try it. BUT, I recommend that you call in your order AND I also recommend NOT getting the meal.

Call in your order because it takes about 20 minutes minimum to get your order. Even if you eat there I'd still call in your order so you don't have to wait that long.

I said not to get the meal because the slaw is not good and you only get a few Jo Jo's, Potato Wedges or whatever you like to call them. I guess you get 2 with the 2 piece, 3 with the 3 piece, and 4 for the (you guessed it), 4 piece. The potato wedges were really good though but I'd rather just eat the chicken and get some regular fries.

Cheerleaders Grill and Sports Pub
913 Ne 3rd St
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 330-0631

Map of Cheerleaders Grill

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Blogger Rhys said...

Velveeta, say it ain't so! White trash rubber cheese. Bleeeech. That burger looks good. I'm a vegetarian now (darn it)but I'll admit I never got all the raving about Pilot Butte burgers. They always seemed mediocre to me. I know, I blaspheme!

Cooool blog! Makes me hungry. :)

August 14, 2007  
Blogger Jen said...

Try breakfast. Amaretto french toast yummm...

They will give you better cheese if you ask. :)

August 20, 2007  
Blogger Jen said...

So... now that they aren't open for dinner where would you go for good fried chicken in Bend? I've tried Black Bear and KFC. Anyone serve fried chicken & waffles?

March 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's yellow american, if there is any difference...for sure the BMS (baconmushroomswiss) and the Bluemoon burgers are real good... They have chicken and waffles probably could ask to put them together... Their new place is pretty cool. Looks and feels different but same at the same time.

August 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home